Welcome to the 2017 TRU Staffing Partners Scholarship Program
Our application process is currently closed. Scholarship recipients will be announced on or around April 10, 2017.
The program has awarded more than sixty scholarships totaling more than $80,000 in education since its inception. Finalists are anonymously determined by a rotating Advisory Board of thought leaders and industry hiring managers.
If you are an educational institution wishing to partner with TRU to provide scholarships, please Contact Us.
The 2017 program featured many different options for applicants - from introductory e-discovery programs to multi-week legal project management courses to certification exam training, there is a wide range of educational options. Below, you’ll find information on our partners and the scholarships they are providing.
The application deadline has been extended to March 22, with the selection process following shortly after that. The recipients will be notified and announced on or around April 10. Our application is designed to get to know you better, including your work history, your job goals, your references, etc. You may want to review the application before beginning, in case you need to prepare information, such as the reference required or your resume, as you will not be able to save and return to your application. Additionally, there is one essay question that is perhaps the most important question on the application. You may find it helpful to write out your answer to this essay question ahead of time and paste it into the web application, as your writing skills and thoughtfulness in the essay will be judged. The question is:
Please tell us, in your own words, why you are interested in the TRU Staffing Partners Scholarship Program. Discuss your motivation for entering or delving deeper into the e-discovery or cybersecurity industry.
Other information you will need before beginning the application:
--Recent version of your resume
--Information for one industry reference
By applying for this scholarship, you are giving TRU permission to maintain your information in our company database and contact you directly should we have an opportunity we feel would be of professional interest to you. Additionally, please note that some of these institutions may have additional requirements or applications and any scholarship award is contingent on subsequent acceptance by those institutions into their programs.
Following are the institutions we have partnered with for this year's scholarship, as well as the scholarships they are providing.
kCura are the developers of the e-discovery software Relativity. Relativity has more than 150,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice and more than 195 of the Am Law 200. kCura helps corporations, law firms, and government agencies meet e-discovery challenges by installing Relativity on-premises and providing hosted, on-demand solutions through a global network of partners. This year's Scholarship Program includes five full scholarship packages including all three of the following offerings:
- Relativity Certified User Exam
- Relativity Fest Pass for October 22-25, 2017 in Chicago
- In-person Relativity Administrator training in Chicago, a two-day course that covers administration of Relativity cases for litigation support professionals and case managers. Please visit the Relativity Training Site for more information about this training.
ACEDS, the Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists, a BARBRI professional association, is the member organization for professionals in the private and public sectors who work in the field of e-discovery. ACEDS is building a community of e-discovery specialists for the exchange of ideas, guidance, training and best practices, and offers e-discovery certification. ACEDS has established the field's first certification exam, a 145-question multiple choice exam that covers 15 e-discovery fields. This year's Scholarship Program includes:
- Five full scholarships for the ACEDS certification package, including live online training, study manual, membership to ACEDS, and certification exam with one free retake. Live training is delivered online and the exam is available year round at nearly 700 ACEDS Kryterion Testing Centers worldwide, including 350 in the US and Canada. Please visit the ACEDS FAQ for more information about this certification, including eligibility requirements.
LitWorks, a DTI/Epiq company, is a leading provider of comprehensive training programs for litigation support professionals in AmLaw 200 law firms and Fortune 500 corporate legal departments, dedicated to developing and sharing best practices in the litigation support industry through a variety of consulting and training services.This year's scholarship program includes:
- Five full scholarships in 2017 to attend their Certified Litigation Support Professional program – a five day course offering industry best practices learned through hands-on experience, networking with peers, and reviewing leading software tools. The course is designed for professionals with one to five years of litigation technology support experience or for litigation paralegals, document review attorneys and legal IT professionals.
- Three full scholarships in 2017 to attend their Certified Litigation Support Project Manager program – a three day course that focuses on sharpening litigation support project management skills and techniques, with an eye towards building skills. Attendees receive practical resources and tools, including checklists and templates that can be immediately applied to daily work as a litigation support project manager. This course is geared towards individuals with 3-5 years of litigation technology support experience.
These courses take place in various metropolitan areas throughout the year. For more information about LitWorks, please visit the Litworks site.
The Georgetown University Center for Continuing and Professional Education offers a Certificate in Cybersecurity Strategy. This year's Scholarship Program includes:
- One full scholarship to attend the Fall 2017 Cybersecurity Strategy program – a noncredit professional certificate program designed to help students develop strategic, technical, and leadership skills in cybersecurity management. The program offers online and on-ground courses.
These courses take place at Georgetown's downtown Washington, D.C. location, with an online, asynchronous option beginning in Fall 2017. For more information about the Georgetown University Center for Continuing and Professional Education program, please visit the Georgetown site.
The Georgetown University Paralegal Studies Program, part of the Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies, offers an ABA-approved certificate program and continuing legal education courses designed to help students gain the knowledge and skills required to be leaders in the highly competitive and dynamic legal industry. This year's Scholarship Program includes:
- Six full tuition scholarship packages hosted by Georgetown University to attend a continuing legal education course in summer 2017.
These courses take place at Georgetown's Arlington, VA location. For more information about the Georgetown University Paralegal Studies program, please visit the Georgetown site.