refine your search
Stuxnet: the first known digital weapon used to physically destroy its targets. First identified in 2010, Stuxnet was responsible for causing damage to Iran's Nuclear Program. The software erased itself in 2012.
TOP 3 Critical Infrastructure Cyber Terms To Know
- Zero day: A "hole" or vulnerability in your computer which allows someone to execute code on your computer without your knowledge. There is no fix for a zero day.
- SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) strings: Technology that controls automation or robots. Seen often in critical infrastructure.
- PLC (programmable logic controllers): Computer systems used for converting digital codes into physical commands. Used often in manufacturing, power grids, and centrifuges.
Wednesday, 22 February, 2017
Sometimes bosses have to leave their jobs so that mentees can become bosses.
TOP 3 Skills That Will Be In High Demand In 2017
- Office 365 skills: data import, export, migration, and collection
- Structured Data engineering
- Compliance frameworks and privacy statute policy creation and adherence
Thursday, 16 February, 2017
Cybersecurity providers would be wise to get into the legal market now, before e-discovery providers begin to build cybersecurity departments of their own.
TOP 3 Takeaways From LTNY 2017
- Ghost Town: The extreme vendor consolidation was evident on the vendor floor with fewer booths than any of the last seven years since the recession. The reduced foot traffic on the vendor exhibit floor was eerily noticeable after the initial Tuesday morning rush, leading many to fear the future of what exhibiting means for driving revenue in the space. E-discovery vendors continued to dominate the floor, but there was a clear lack of energy from all exhibiting. The additional fee to enter the exhibit hall did not help matters.
- Cyber Who? Few if any cybersecurity exclusive service providers were in attendance at the conference despite the fact that cybersecurity was the most talked about topic in education sessions. As stated in this week’s tip, cyber vendors have a narrow window to overtake the legal market before legal specific vendors build practices to compete, namely in incident response and information governance.
- Suites are Sweet: The real deals and demonstrations at LTNY are being done in suites with greater intimacy and focus from the vendor community. LTNY seems to be turning towards more of an opportunity to have these kinds of meetings, regardless if you are buyer or seller.
Wednesday, 08 February, 2017
According to a recent study, ACEDS found that more than over one-third of their certified professionals have over ten years of e-discovery industry experience! (Get more compelling ACEDS statistics from Mary Mack on January 30, at our “State of the Industry” event!)
TOP 3 Things You Will Learn At Our State Of The Industry Event
- A full history of e-discovery staffing trends including hiring metrics for geography, remote hiring, relocations, contract versus direct hire ratios, base compensation ranges, variance in hiring levels, and more
- How you can (and should) begin to transition your career from e-discovery to cybersecurity
- Wild and compelling statistics about data breach accelerations, corporate thoughts about security, salaries for cybersecurity professionals, and the scope of data proliferation in the cloud
Wednesday, 25 January, 2017
LinkedIn’s CEO Jeff Weiner believes that the ideal employee should fit into the overlap of three areas: “dreaming big, knowing how to have fun, and getting s--- done.
TOP 3 Ways To Prepare For Attending LegalTech New York
- Networking: Who are the people you must meet at the event? Have you scheduled meetings?
- Learning: What content do you want to absorb at the conference? Are you attending paid sessions? Have you explored the many free sessions available around the event (including TRU’s on January 30 – Register here)?
- Demos: What new technology or offerings do you want to see demonstrated? Most vendors give demos all day long in suites at the Hilton and surrounding hotels. Reach out to your vendors today to request a demo!
Tuesday, 24 January, 2017
Legaltech New York sets the tone and pace of growth for most service providers in the industry heading into 2017.
TOP 3 Areas of Focus For Law Firm Litigation Support Departments in 2017
- Improving service delivery, specifically customer service
- Deepening consultative capabilities, specifically in collections, security, and governance
- Reducing risk and driving compliance initiatives
Thursday, 12 January, 2017
CSOonline.com reports that unfilled cybersecurity jobs will reach 1.5 million by 2019. In 2016, analysts and the media concluded there is a severe shortage of cybersecurity talent globally. There were 1 million cybersecurity job openings in 2016, and that is expected to reach 1.5 million by 2019. As a result, the cybersecurity unemployment rate has dropped to zero percent. - Reports CSOonline.com
TOP 3 Reasons To Transition Your Career From e-Discovery To Cybersecurity in 2017
- The highest paying jobs in the market right now are for people who have dual disciplines in both verticals, especially for in-house positions in the Fortune 1000 who focus on policy and strategic consultation.
- The highest demand and lowest supply of talent in the world right now, for any industry, is cybersecurity, leading to tremendous job security and financial incentives.
- There are unique overlaps between e-discovery and cybersecurity skills, particularly in Incident Response and Forensic collection, that make transitioning plausible and desirable to future employers.
Friday, 06 January, 2017
Did you know that wire transfers can be interrupted and stopped by the FBI within 72 hours of being sent? Good to remember if you are hacked and a victim of ransomware.
TOP 3 End Of Year New Year’s Resolutions For e-Discovery Professionals
- Get your RCA!
- Expand your mind and wallet by engaging in contract staffing opportunities!
- Begin to bridge your expertise into information security and protection!
Wednesday, 28 December, 2016
A spoofing email is a slightly different email from the real one to fool users within a company. Example: [email protected] for [email protected]
TOP 3 Staffing Shifts In December 2016
- Vendors are hiring a lot of SQL DBAs and Relativity Infrastructure professionals. (Beefing up to combat Relativity One?)
- Consulting firms are choosing to go the route of offering Incident Response as a service or focusing more on proactive information protection consulting services. Only the big consulting firms do both, and not all.
- Business development hiring remains frantic and frequent with providers trying to grow organically through sales talent acquisition.
Wednesday, 21 December, 2016