TRU is partnering with ACEDS to host another Q&A, “Ask the Expert: Burning Questions about a Career in e-Discovery& Cybersecurity,” coming May 25. During this live webinar, TRU’s founder and CEO Jared Coseglia will answer your burning questions and provide the advice you want to move your career forward!
TRU's founder and CEO Jared Coseglia will present on transitioning your career from e-Discovery to Cybersecurity.
Attention Washington, D.C.: Join TRU's Tammy Hutchinson, Mid-Atlantic Recruitment Manager, and Ashley Wells, Senior Talent Scout, for a joint program by Logikcull and the ACEDS D.C. Chapter titled “Corporate eDiscovery and Cybersecurity User Group,” taking place in Washington, D.C. on Thursday, May 18 at Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse, 950 I Street NW #501 from 3PM-6PM ET.
TRU is partnering with ACEDS to host another Q&A, “Ask the Expert: Burning Questions about a Career in e-Discovery& Cybersecurity,” coming April 27. During this live webinar, TRU’s founder and CEO Jared Coseglia will answer your burning questions and provide the advice you want to move your career forward!
TRU Staffing Partners, an award-winning search firm representing talent and opportunities in e-discovery and cybersecurity, today announces the recipients of the highly sought-after 2017 scholarships for legal technology training and education.
When asking a question at an interview, always start with a statement first. For example, "I am very much looking for a place where I can spend the next ten years. Can you tell me a little bit about the growth potential in this role and what other professionals hired at this level have done to accelerate their growth within the company over time?"
TOP 3 Takeaways From A Recent Trip To San Francisco
- The Bay Area is full of talent! But not full of opportunity. Much of the hiring in the Bay Area is insular and relationship-based; other times it is on contract. Large corporate employers have an easier time bringing on temporary talent than full-time hires.
- Local ESI vendors have become big shops. Much of the local vendor-ship in e-discovery in the Bay Area has consolidated with Inventus and Fronteo leading the charge. Discovia remains a ripe and well-known local player. Consulting firms all have a presence in this area, but none really seem to have a dominance.
- Still the land of engineers. The roles that remain in abundance in Silicon Valley are for engineers. Many e-discovery, data analytics, and cybersecurity software companies call this area home. They are constantly cycling talent in and out at the development level.
If you have voluntarily left your current position or have been let go during an active job search, it is critical that you update your resume and be transparent that you are no longer employed. Failure to do so may put your honesty into question and cost you the job.
TOP 3 Differences Between Private Equity and Venture Capital Investments:
- Private Equity usually owns 100% of a company while Venture Capital usually owns pieces.
- Private Equity usually buys mature companies then streamlines efficiency and operations to be more profitable. Venture Capital usually invests in new emerging companies where founders are still involved in operations and growth.
- Private Equity firms use both cash and debt in their investment, but Venture Capital firms deal with equity only.
Jared Coseglia, TRU founder and CEO, will be leading an interactive think-tank on the topic “I Want to be a Manager” for the Women in eDiscovery San Francisco Chapter members at 11:50am PST on April 12, 2017. The meeting will be held at Robert Half Legal Services, 50 California Street, 10th Floor, in San Francisco. This presentation will examine the steps legal tech pros can take in the genesis of their career which can help lead to managerial opportunity later in life; how veteran managers can identify who in their staff is ripe for leadership; and how to mentor the next generation of legal technologists into becoming more sophisticated, thoughtful, and successful.
This has been the most exciting start to a new year for TRU and our clients and candidates! A record-breaking amount of contract staffing hires coupled with significant increases in Managerial and Director-level opportunities has made Q1 2017 the busiest first quarter in recent memory! TRU had the privilege of partnering with ACEDS and CDS Legal for our first (but not last!) TED Talk-style LegalWeek keynote event. This State of the Industry: E-discovery & Cybersecurity presentation brought together over three hundred professionals for an unforgettable night of discourse, theory, and prophecy about the past, present, and future of e-discovery and cybersecurity careers. If you missed it, watch it all in its entirety here! In addition, TRU launched a new and improved website with a compendium of all of our publications and thought leadership, not to mention a wealth of new functionality making it easier for you to find the right new job (or new hire) in real time! We have tons of information and market intelligence to share as we reflect on the last three months! Enjoy the 2017 Q1 Newsletter.
TRU Staffing Partners Q1 Newsletter