Project Manager (VENDOR)
- Employment Type: Direct Hire
The Project Manager of Client Services will serve as a leader in successfully managing assigned client relationships through effective project management coordination and execution. Successful candidates must have the team leadership and professional background in the electronic discovery industry to successfully manage multiple projects and client relationships in a fast-paced environment. Ideal candidate will have strong project management and excellent client relationship skills which include the ability to proactively manage client expectations, recognize client needs and adapt company capabilities to consistently meet client requirements. Must be fluent in English and Japanese. Send resumes to [email protected].
- Serves as the primary liaison with key client representatives with the goal of owning the service delivery relationship.
- Drives overall client satisfaction through effective coordination and communication of client deliverables.
- Effectively executes project forecasts and work schedules implemented by the Sr. Project Manager or Client Services Director.
- Ensures client and project requirements are being met with the highest quality and accuracy through verification and communicating routinely with both the client and internal partners.
- Consistently delivers proactive communication with clients and when client issues arises addresses those issues or expeditiously escalates to the Sr. Project Manager of Client Services Director.
- Ensures that an update to date record is maintained with regard to the status of all projects being worked on.
- Demonstrates leadership to both the client and internal partners, delivering project objectives professionally and with high quality.
- Instills confidence with the client and serves as a primary public face of our client's high-quality service delivery offering.
- Leadership Competencies
- Results Oriented – Sets stretch goals for personal and team accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals; acts with a sense of urgency; takes the initiative on actions; establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success; maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
- Client Focus – Engages with the clients, both internal and external, and their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback; appropriately meets client needs without jeopardizing business outcomes or results.
- Communicating with Impact – Expresses thoughts, ideas and information in a clear and compelling manner; organizes thoughts logically and highlights the critical points; adjusts messaging appropriately to suit the audience; ensures understanding through active listening and seeking input from the audience; addresses and interprets questions and points from others with appropriate responses.
- Planning and Organizing – Develops plans and goals that align with and support business strategies; translates objectives into action plans; identifies tasks critical to business success and allocates resources accordingly; effectively manages time to achieve success; handles multiple demands and competing priorities successfully; delegates appropriately.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems by detecting patterns or connections; researches and analyzes problems; determines alternative solutions and creates action steps to solve the problem; thinks and acts quickly and effectively in a variety of situations; solves the problem while maintaining a balance between the time invested, the amount of information needed and the magnitude of the problem; evaluates both the short- and long- term consequences of decisions.
- Bachelor degree. Graduate degree such as a Juris Doctorate (JD) degree or Masters Business Administration (MBA) degree a plus.
- A minimum of 2 years consulting, litigation support, paralegal or attorney experience in a law firm, corporate legal departments or e-discovery service providers.
- A solid understanding of e-discovery and the litigation support industry which is typically a result of at least 2 years of experience in project management positions with law firms, corporate legal departments or e-discovery service providers.
- Demonstrated success in the management of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Oral and written communication skills in English which provides a strong and confident leadership presence.
- Knowledge of Asian Languages would be an asset (Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese or Vietnamese).
- Excellent client relationship skills which include the ability to proactively manage client expectations, recognize client needs and adapt company capabilities to consistently meet client requirements.
- A solid understanding of database design and management, data processing activities and legal document review requirements.
- Demonstrated ability in each of the following areas: ensure effective control of all aspects of a project from initial planning through final production; development of project plans; balance overall client requirements; development of relationships; and review financial and billing information in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are consistently met.
Characteristics of a successful leader includes the following:
- An inspirational and personalized leadership style.
- A polished and sophisticated presence which is effective at in-person client meetings.
- Structured and precise with a results-oriented approach to business.
- Personal buy-in to our client's cultural values with a passion for associates, customers, and products.
- Known to be approachable.
- Acknowledges and gives credit and thanks to others.
- Demonstrates full commitment and offers tactical strength through regular follow-up.
- Demonstrated strength through consistent execution, speed, decisiveness, and risk taking.
- Focused and detailed approach.
- Consensus builder, collaborative, flexible thinking and agile; and brevity, informal, and to-the-point.