CONTRACT Forensic Consultant (VENDOR)
- Employment Type: Contract
As a forensic consultant you will be responsible for the scoping, coordination, and execution of e-discovery data collection and forensic projects, and you will provide advice to lawyers and case managers on electronic discovery and forensic topics. Ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in computing and data forensics, expertise in data collection and preservation and appropriate industry certifications such as EnCase, FTK, Cellebrite or CFCE, CISSP, CFE, CCE, CEECS. A solo practitioner with their own forensic equipment able to work on contract is also of interest. Candidates selected for this client will be part of a robust global team of consultants deployed at will to various clients and projects around the world. Must be open to lots of travel. Send resumes to [email protected].
Job Responsibilities (may include but are not limited to):
- Work in a team environment to assess client's needs and propose full-service solutions to address those needs.
- Advise client and end client on alternative strategies, tools and best practices for ESI collection and forensic analysis.
- Provide on-site and remote installation, configuration and administration of collections tools and processes.
- Work as part of a team on large-scale projects at client sites.
- Deploy network related analysis tools and understand network configurations.
- Conduct forensic collections of electronic evidence, including computer-related equipment, network devices, and information systems.
- Physically disassemble and examine computers and related hardware.
- Data extraction from forensic images for eDiscovery platforms.
- Use forensic software/hardware applications to analyze electronic media.
- Collect, transport, label, and secure evidence. Prepare written report of forensic examination findings to include procedures used and evidence locations.
- Ensure continuous integrity of collected source data and media.
- Experience in Forensic or IT related job
- Advanced understanding of Chain of Custody procedures, forensic lab best practices, and evidence handling and preservation
- Bachelor-level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Basic understanding of networks, including TCP/IP, and network security concepts
- Must be able to troubleshoot complex PC configurations
- Operating system knowledge in the areas of Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/8/10. UNIX/Linux and Macintosh skills are a plus.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to identify problems and bring them to the manager’s attention immediately
- Ability to explain technical information using layman’s terms
- Availability for extensive travel; some travel on short notice
- Must be able to obtain and hold a US Government Security Clearance
- Industry Certifications such as MCSE, CISSP and CNA
- Electronic Evidence Discovery collection and handling
- Experience installing software in enterprise LAN/WAN environments
- Previous experience serving in a Network Administrator capacity
- Previous experience installing software in enterprise LAN/WAN environments
- Foreign Language Skill is a big plus
One or more of the following certification: EnCE, ACE, CCE, CISSP