Director of Class Action Solutions (VENDOR)
- Employment Type: Direct Hire
This position will report to the Vice President of Sales for the Class Action and Mass Tort Solutions service line and will be responsible for driving direct revenue throughout the West Coast. Our client would like this role to be located in a major California market (SF, LA, SD). Ideal candidate will have strong business development experience in legal, IT, or SAAS environment—mostly hunting for new business, not farming existing accounts. This is a senior sales role which requires a consultative and diligent sales approach. Send resumes to [email protected].
Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development, this is an exciting and unique opportunity for a legal services sales professional. Using their knowledge in the arena of class action and mass litigation, the Director of Class Action Solutions will enjoy success through development of a consultative relationship with their clients. Additional revenue is generated by offering our expertise in developing our collective business together, including selling Class Action administration services to Plaintiff counsel, Defense counsel and Defendants. The successful candidate will develop relationships and sell our services to new accounts as well as additional solutions to current customers. This person will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining key relationships and our current customer base in their assigned sales region of the United States. Travel is required.
- Responsible for gathering and selecting sources of information to determine market characteristics, measurements of market potentials, market share analyses, and sales analyses;
- Calls on prospective clients to explain our services;
- Analyzes claims processing requirements of prospective client; and Draws up prospectus of data processing plan designed specifically to serve client’s needs.
- Quotes prices for services outlined in prospectus; Revises or expands prospectus to meet client needs.
- Displays or demonstrates product emphasizing salable features.
- Prepares sales contract, writes order and schedules initiation of services.
- Communicates with internal colleagues on any special needs or requirements of the client; ensures problem resolution and smooth flow of communication through the length of the engagement.
- Promotes and provides additional value-added services to the client outside of those agreed upon and contracted for.
- Integrity: Behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner; shows consistency in words and actions; does what she/he commits to doing; respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others; is honest and forthright with people; carries his/her fair share of the workload; takes responsibility for own mistakes.
- Client Focus: Takes action with the clients, both internal and external, and sees their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback.
- Results-Driven: Sets stretch goals for personal and team accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals; acts with a sense of urgency; takes the initiative on actions; identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked; does more than what is normally required in a situation; establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success; maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
- Entrepreneurial Orientation: Proposes innovative business opportunities/ideas to customers and business partners; encourages and supports entrepreneurial behavior in others; demonstrates willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
- Decisiveness: Makes well-informed, effective and timely decisions even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; has the ability to make tough decisions.
Required Qualifications & Characteristics
- A bachelor's degree from four-year college or university is required; however, a Juris Doctorate degree is strongly preferred for this position.
- Prior legal sales experience with a track record of success in revenue generation is also necessary. The candidate profile could include a plaintiff or defendant attorney with 2 to 4 years experience who is interested in continuing to utilize their legal background, but who no longer wishes to practice within the structure of a law firm.
- Candidates must also have a well-established legal network from which to leverage new business;
- High degree of self-motivation and persistence;
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills;
- Entrepreneurial nimbleness balanced with professional acumen.
- The location of new and existing business opportunities will determine the amount of travel required of this position. Travel is generally completed during the business work week (Monday - Friday) and the associate is in control of his/her own schedule. You will visit Plaintiffs counsel, Defense counsel and Defendants and must be able to travel to quarterly conferences as necessary (locations vary throughout the United States).
- Our current search is for one California-based associate. This is a home-based position, so location is flexible with easy access to a major airport hub or other transportation network.